[Physics] Mathematical proof Maxwell's equations are incorrect?

Tom Hollings carmam at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Apr 28 16:33:04 CEST 2020

Mike, I don't understand why the rotational rate of the spiral arms would be different if the galaxies were closer. The rotation rate and the velocity of a spiral arm is with respect to the central core, and do not in any respect depend on the distance to the observer. In this case, rotation rate and velocity are the same thing. I know one is angular velocity and the other is linear velocity, but if we were to look at just the tip of the arm travelling over a small part of the galaxy's diameter, or looking outwards from the galaxy centre, the two are indistinguishable.
Or have I missed something?

Tom.