[Physics] Do longitudinal FTL "Tesla" waves exist and, if yes, how should they be modelled?

Arend Lammertink lamare at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 20:14:10 CEST 2020

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 1:31 PM Arend Lammertink <lamare at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 9:23 AM Ilja Schmelzer <ilja.schmelzer at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 4:09 AM Ilja Schmelzer <ilja.schmelzer at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Up to now, I see no nice way how you can
> > reach this. If you simply remove the dB/dt term from the Maxwell
> > equations, you destroy them too.
>
> Nope, one _allows_ all possible harmonic (wave) equations, rather than
> _reducing_ the number of possible solutions to only one: the Hertzian
> transverse wave.
>
> What the dB/dt term does, essentially, is to artificially tie the
> rotational field [B] to the compressible field [E] in a very specific
> way. Remember my claim a real transverse wave is a combination of
> vortices and a longitudinal wave?
>
> https://www.acs.psu.edu/drussell/Demos/waves/wavemotion.html
>
> See that in the transverse wave the rotational field [B] is tied to
> the compressible field [E] in a very specific way?

Should have been more clearly here. The "real" "real" transverse wave
can only occur in solids.

The 'waterwave' on that link is what I normally think of as a "real"
transverse surface wave in comparison to electrodynamics. So, that's
the one actually predicted by Maxwell, whereby the consituents within
the fluid move in circles, which also has a compression/decompression
effect aka a longitudinal wave. Rayleigh surface waves are also
possible, I believe. I believe to have read about those, but I'm not
certain from the back of my head.

And this is perhaps the biggest advantage of our model - essentially
Paul's theory combined with the bug I found and quite a lot left on
the "to do" list - namely that it's very easy to use analogs to make
one's point, as Maxwell dit .  Every phenomenon that can be described
or experimentally shown to occur in a gas or fluid can also occur in
the medium.

Just different speeds, scale and parameters.

Very handy for a visually thinking autist like me. :)

> Remember, potential fields are well known within FD, even though not
> fully developed yet. It is the exact same math, except for the dB/dt
> term....

Best regards,

Arend.