[Physics] Do longitudinal FTL "Tesla" waves exist and, if yes, how should they be modelled?

Arend Lammertink lamare at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 22:41:57 CEST 2020

Oh yes, almost forgot.

Should we get this far, we have a _really_ nice instrument at our disposal, too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwingeloo_Radio_Observatory

"As of 2000, it was no longer in operation in an official capacity.
Since August 2009, the radio telescope has been a national heritage
site (rijksmonument). The telescope dish was removed for restoration
in June 2012. The "C.A. Muller Radio Astronomy Station" foundation
("CAMRAS" for short) restored the telescope to working order. The dish
was remounted in November 2012.

Paul Boven (Joint Institute for VLBI in Europe (JIVE), CAMRAS), along
with radio amateurs and amateur astronomers, use the telescope for
projects, one being Earth–Moon–Earth communication, also known as
moonbounce, which allows for people on different parts of Earth to
communicate via the Moon. In this technique, radio wave signals are
aimed at the Moon by one location, bounce off the Moon's surface, and
are detected by an antenna at a different location on Earth."

I know one of the radio amateurs who operates the thing and has an EME
dish at home as well of about 3m diameter, IIRC.   The Dwingeloo dish
has a diameter of 25 m. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth–Moon–Earth_communication

"Radio waves propagate in vacuum at the speed of light c, exactly
299,792,458 m/s. Propagation time to the Moon and back ranges from 2.4
to 2.7 seconds, with an average of 2.56 seconds (distance from Earth
to the Moon is 384,400 km)."

How about a longitudinal moonbounce with that toy?

Return trip should be about 1.6 seconds, or about 1 second faster. :)

However, I don't know if this would be feasible, because I don't know
yet whether or not longitudinal waves reflect on a metal maze.

Nonetheless, have been dreaming about this since 2011. May be one day...

-- Arend --