[Physics] Is Gravitational Mass Really Same as Inertial Mass

Tufail Abbas tufail.abbas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 13:24:20 CET 2016

Gents,

As per equivalence principle, and we have measured too,  that gravitational
mass and inertial mass are same. Do we really have any proof these two
masses are also same in essence, or they are just observed impact of some
two co-existing properties(of same value) of space which can be separated
in principle as gravitational and inertial mass.

*My arguments are as follows:*

We have measured gravitational mass  and inertial mass in case of object
made of matter, or to be more precise the objects made of *whole atom*.
Then we found that gravitational mass and inertial mass are same for all
atoms. Then we generalized this outcome to make the same conclusion with
particles of light called photons. For me this logic is like comparing
apple to oranges.

Any object that has a gravitational mass or in other words it produces
gravitational attraction, are invariably made of charges, so far as  I am
aware. In case of neutron also,  we know that it is only the net charge on
it that is zero. Otherwise they are made of quarks which has charge. In
addition to charge, neutron and proton also have charge-less particles like
gluons and z-boson.

One the other hand we are aware that charge-less particles, like photon do
get attracted to gravitational attraction, hence no gravitational mass.
Yeah have find an alternate explanation of this attraction as space-time
warping. But why we are sure that photon do not have inertial mass.

*My proposal/hypothesis*:

Gravitational and Inertial Mass are caused by two distinct and separate
co-moving properties of space called *charge* and *energy. Charge *is
responsible
for gravitational mass and *charge-less energy*  is responsible for
inertial mass.

   1.

   All forces of the universe are caused by an specific geometry and
   orientation of charges, and gravity is also not an exception. It is just
   cause due to a special geometry of charges. In other words property of atom
   that is producing gravitational attraction is charge. We are also aware
   that in case of atom total charge(not net charge) is proportional total
   mass. Hence any impact caused due to charge can always be expressed as
   impact due to mass by including a proportionality factor.
   2.

   If charge is producing the attractive force, then what is that which is
   getting attracted.  That property of atom is energy without charge or
   the inertial mass. And photon as an energy is no exception that it is
   getting attracting to gravitational charge. Oops! It’s generally called
   gravitational mass.

Are there any  methods/arguments/experimental data which can falsify above
arguments and hypothesis. Alternatively, what are the stuffs supporting the
above  hypothesis.

Regards,

Tufail Abbas