[Physics] Physics Digest, Vol 2, Issue 11

carmam at tiscali.co.uk carmam at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Nov 13 13:35:43 CET 2016

I for one am not convinced that "GRT causes time dilation". You have used very bad wording there Carl - GRT does not cause time dilation, GRT predicts that gravity causes time dilation. GRT says that gravity increase causes the slowing of clocks which use the speed of light as their basic time keeping mechanism. Use a pendulum clock, and you will find that time speeds up (more precisely the clock speeds up) as gravity increases. Use a stellar clock, ie a star passing the meridian (or any other reference point) every 24 hours apx. , and you will find that that clock is unaffected by gravity. Tom.