[Physics] Clock time vs. common sense time

Ilja Schmelzer ilja.schmelzer at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:13:07 CEST 2016

> I am happy to hear that you are a Presentist, but then, are you not in
> direct opposition to views of relativists?

Of course I oppose relativism.  I'm an ether theoretician.

But I object against invalid criticism of relativity.  So, special
relativity is from a physical point of view simply an unfortunate
spacetime interpretation of the Lorentz-Einstein theory, which has
also a reasonable, presentist interpretation, the Lorentz ether.

So, objections against relativity which talk about "Einstien's logical
errors" and so on are simply nonsensical and have to be rejected.
Similarly, claims that there is no time dilation are nonsense.  One
has to understand that "time dilation" is about clock time, not true
time, and that true time is not measurable with clocks.  And one has
to develop ether theories, which are in agreement with all the
observations of modern physics - as for gravity, as for particle
physics, as for cosmology - even if they follow a different
(non-relativistic, presentist) interpretation.  We can discuss this on
http://ilja-schmelzer.de/forum/ too.

As a consequence, my ether theory, which is a generalization of the
Lorentz ether, is very close in its mathematics to GR.  And it is
published in a peer-reviewed mainstream journal. It is so close to GR,
that the Einstein Equivalence Principle holds exactly (even if not in
its Strong variant), and that the Einstein Equations of GR appear in a
natural limit of my theory.
See http://ilja-schmelzer.de/gravity/