[Physics] Physics Digest, Vol 4, Issue 4

Tufail Abbas tufail.abbas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 10:52:51 CET 2017

Hello Ruud,

My comments are as follows:

The Gravity produce acceleration and acceleration is change in velocity
with time. In case of an object that we visually see  moving wrt to a
reference frame (whatever it is), it is easy to comprehend what an
acceleration and velocity would mean.

In case of a body at rest, upon which the net force is zero, it implies
that  it is moving at a constant velocity.

Now, what could be the velocity of a body at rest. Intuitively , it should
be zero. What if, that is not the case and we have some intrinsic velocity.
If we can have an intrinsic angular momentum then why not am intrinsic
velocity or velocity of an object at rest. I have explained this concept by
taking the example of "The Moving Tub" in the Chapter 4 of my Paper (in
progress) titled "Cube". The link is provided as below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0d7z0ukm5tp7tez/Cube.pdf?dl=0

In order to explain gravity from the concept of this rest velocity, each
spherical surface around the mass at the given radius r will be moving at
constant velocity. Please note that this is the velocity of the surface
itself, and not the velocity of the body moving through that surface. This
rest velocity gradually increases with the decreasing radius as the time
dilates(whatever that mean) with the surface area. Hence an acceleration as
we move toward the center of the mass.

Attracted body will come to apparent rest at a surface where the rest
velocity of surface will be equivalent to rest velocity of the body.

So far as factor/derivative of gamma is concerned, I see its relevance a
bit differently, which is mentioned at the end of the Chapter 5.

Regards,

Tufail Abbas