[Physics] Task Force

Tufail Abbas tufail.abbas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 02:30:37 CET 2017

Agree with most of that you have said here. I will go through your aether
interpretation of GR. Thanks for that. I would be interested mainly to
know, how behind the horizon story is dealt in your interpretation.

However, I do not consider GR or its space-time, as just a babble. Nor , I
consider string theory as complete non-sense. Whatever sense it makes, it
should be recognized.

On 17 Jan 2017 11:06 p.m., "Ilja Schmelzer" <ilja.schmelzer at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Today we believe in GR, not because it make sense, but due to the reason
> that we have some acceptable proof in its support.

Minor correction:  Physical theories cannot be proven, in principle.  All
they
can have is support by observation.  GR has this support, and a lot of it.
But it is in no way a proof, because this is simply impossible.

And, moreover, it does not follow in any way that we have to accept GR
completely, as it is.  All what is required is to have some basic
understanding
of what the mathematics of GR is about, how it is connected with observable
facts like clocks and so on.

In particular, one can reject completely the metaphysical interpretation of
GR,
you know, all this spacetime babble.  All what one has to care about
is that one
is able to deliver a theory, which, in some limit, allows to make
similar predictions
about observable effects as GR, because this would allow the theory to
survive
the confrontation with all those observations which agree with GR
predictions.

This is what my ether theory http://ilja-schmelzer.de/gravity/ as well as my
ether interpretation of the  Einstein equations of GR
http://ilja-schmelzer.de/ether/ is doing.

Above do not contain anything behind a black hole horizon, so all this
behind
the horizon is not necessary.

> So far as string theory is concerned, I agree that we should not take that
> part of any theory which does not make sense. But if some part is making
> sense, why not take it?.

If some part of string math appears useful, one will find this out if one
develops the math one needs for the own theory.