[Physics] Physics Digest, Gravitational Waves

Randy O. Wayne row1 at cornell.edu
Mon Oct 9 14:59:05 CEST 2017

Dear Ruud,
Thank you. The editor asked me to expand my original paper by adding the section on history. I am grateful that he asked me.
I think that actual masses are invariant and constant. I do not think that the actual mass increases with velocity but the resistance caused by the photons a mass moves through increases as a result of the Doppler effect. (That is light itself prevents a body from moving faster than the speed of light). My papers on this subject can be found here: http://labs.plantbio.cornell.edu/wayne/
I think that the gravitons can also increase the apparent mass of any body that moves through it, also as a result of the Doppler effect. The asymmetry results in the precession of the perihelion during the orbit.
I hope the papers linked to my website answers your questions. If not, I am happy to expand.
Thanks,
randy