[Physics] Physics Digest, Vol 14, Issue 11

cj at mb-soft.com cj at mb-soft.com
Tue Apr 24 17:41:12 CEST 2018

To add to my earlier note.:  Get a child's gyroscope  and spin up its rotor.  Put it on its suppport pillar.  Within a few seconds, the entire thing is "precessing" (and it is also hovering apparently denying gravity).  And only Euler can explain this.  You have a rotor spinning in X axis, in a Z axis gravitational field.  Euler's differential equations, Integrated, CREATES a "brand new" motion (in the Y axis) which both drives the precession and acts to cancel out the expected vertical fallling.

My "Mercury" reasoning tracks Jupiter's Z-axis position in the Invariant Plane of the Solar System, where some "Potential Energy" appears and disappears.  I cannot see that anyone has ever considered the Z-axis Euler effects of Precession on Mercury.  When I did that math (about twenty years ago) I was astounded to find that Jupiter apparently causes a (relatively traditional) mutual planetary perturbation on Mercury's perihelion which calculated to about 42.5 arc seconds per century.  AFTER THE FACT, Einstein announced that his GR explained 45 (later modified to 43) which is now considered to not be accurate)

If anyone would replicate my Euler-based calculations, today, and get a "perfectly logical" mutual perturbation explanation, without needing any of Einstein's GR, it might be a good thing, and "entirely gravitationally based".

I fully accept GR and SR.  I just do NOT think that Einstein should have "tweaked his math" to try to make it look more spectacullar than it is.

Carl Johnson