[Physics] Splitting the Gravitational Constant

mikelawr at freenetname.co.uk mikelawr at freenetname.co.uk
Thu Nov 21 13:05:02 CET 2019

Ruud,

Thanks for the reply. Sure, I wouldbe happy for you to add my stuff to
your list. In response to your question on gravity, here is what I think
you are asking for....

Force at surface  = mg = GmM/r^2

Where (SI units)

m = mass of any object in kg
g = acceleration at surface in ms^-2
M = mass of Earth in kg = 5.9722×10^24 kg
G = 6.67430x10−11 m^3⋅kg^−1⋅s^−2
r = radius of Earth from surface in metres  =  6.3781×10^6 m

So 	g = 6.67430x10−11 *  5.9722×10^24/( 6.3781×10^6)^2  = 9.798 ms^-2

Check of powers
mg = Y^1 * Y^7 = Y^8 = force = GmM/r^2 = Y^0 Y^1 Y^1/(Y^-3)^2 = Y^8

In DAPU units the equation is now

Force at surface  = mg = mM/r^2    (Note – No G)

m = mass of any object in DAPU mass units
g = acceleration at surface in DAPU acceleration units
M = mass of Earth in DAPU mass units  = 4.879×10^19 DAPUMU
G = not needed
r = radius of Earth from surface in DAPU length units  =  7.8071×10^11
DAPULU

So 	g = 4.879×10^19 /( 7.8071×10^11)^2  =  8.0048x10^-5 DAPUAU

The DAPU/SI relationship is A(SI)/A(DAPU) = G^-0.5 so that
g (SI) = g(DAPU) * G^-0.5 = 8.0048x10^-5 / 8.169639x10^-6 = 9.798 ms^-2

When using DAPU units there is never any need to use G.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Mike