[Physics] Cubic Atomic Model + Theory

Tom Hollings carmam at tiscali.co.uk
Sun May 10 13:19:49 CEST 2020

Thank you for your reply Mike. That is self-evidently a reply from a mathematician. This is the formula for mass increase :-

m = m0 / sqrt( 1- ( v / c )^2), which is one of the Lorentz transforms. I am sure you must be familiar with it.

where m = the mass of the body
m0 = the rest mass (proper mass)
v = the velocity of the body
c = the velocity of light

You will notice that I used that formula in my paper http://problemswithrelativity.com/#lorentz

It is one of the set of three formulae that Einstein used extensively. You will notice that the IFR to which this formula refers is not explicitly mentioned, and is always assumed to be the starting point of the particle under acceleration; or, as in this instance, the rocket. In a particle accelerator, where the motive force is stationary (WRT the lab etc), and the particle is being pushed, it is legitimate to use it (I am talking here as a relativist). A rocket carries its own motive force, so the lab etc is obviously not a suitable choice of reference frame.

You still have not answered the question though, as the question was "Please tell me using SRT (not SRT re-jigged) why the rocket cannot exceed light speed. Einstein stated that it could not, using SRT to "prove" it. So you must use SRT to prove that I am wrong."

You have not used SRT, please do so, and when you do, please tell me why you have chosen a particular reference frame in preference to any other.

Tom.