[Physics] Physics Digest, Vol 2, Issue 9

cj at mb-soft.com cj at mb-soft.com
Wed Nov 9 17:24:20 CET 2016

As a Theoretical Physicist, I find it amusing that you all seem to agree that there is "variable time".  Have any of you had any Education (and Degree) in advanced Physics?  And specifically about either form of Relativity?

I had earlier tried to clarify for all of you a major logical error you all seem to agree on.  The EFFECTS that you assume happen to a "moving person"  do NOT include any sensation of any time-rate difference effect.  Only an OBSERVER (usually  at a distance, and usually non-moving at a considerable distance, has ANY sensation of either form of Relativity time-rate difference.

I have NO innterest in getting invollved in your arguments, but I WILL mention that Einstein clearly stated that ANYONE in an Inertial Rest Frame of Reference has an equally valid perspective (and math).  So, in all your assorted speculations, you each really should try to visualize the situations from "the other point of view".  The traditional example used, of an Earth observer watching a receding planet or spacecraft radially receding at 0.6c, certainly WOULD OBSERVE that the "moving person" seemed to age at 0.8 times the rate.  Fiine.  You are right there.  But consider how the Universe looks FROM that "moving person".  He does NOT think he is  moving, but he looks out  and SEES the  Earth receding from him at 0.6c.  Strangely enough, HE OBSERVES the Earth person appear to be aging at 0.8 times the rate.

None of you seem to realize that BOTH of them (each in Non-Accelerating Inertial Rest Frames) sees the other as aging obviously more slowly than himself.

The significant fact regarding your arguments is that NEITHER (per Einnstein) would EVER sense any "time rate difference" regarding himself.  Because it actually does NOT EXIST.  As OBSERVERS, they each see all sorts of bizarre Relativity observations, in  this case even where BOTH of them OBSERVE the other to be aging more slowly than himself (due to SR) but the REALITY, which none of you seem to realize, is where the REALITY is no different than any  of us might normally expect (as long as they are OBSERVING from a non-accelerating inertial Rest Frame of Reference.

Some of you seemed to be critical that a very precise example I used  in a recent example to you specifically mentioned an OBSERVER standing at the North Pole of the Earth.  http://mb-soft.com/public4/dilation.html

entirely to ensure that he was in such a non-accelerating inertial rest frame (which does NOT apply to  any of the rest of us on Earth, who are all daily circling and therefore radially accelerating downward toward the center of the Earth.

Carl Johnson